Socrates won desktop battle #3.
click here to view his winning desktop.
Socrates is new title holder of 'world's tidiest desktop of all time, 2010'.
if you want to submit a desktop, to try and beat his desktop (in terms of tidiness), please email a screenshot to email@example.com.
feel desktop battles has run it's course. or maybe could continue quietly and be updated maybe once every week or two.
i need a new gimmick.
here are my ideas so far:
- blog novel.
- a three-posts-a-day 'my life' photo blog (feet at busstop, view out of window, what i had for lunch, alarm clock, blurry lights in bar, etc.).
- magazine-style articles on things, completely free of sarcasm/irony, written as if i was getting paid for them (except i'm not).
- extemely emotive, 'serious' poetry, one poem per day, for a year. (again, completely free of irony, probably coming across as quite emo, probably containing words like 'ruby' and 'mewling' and 'candle'.)
- once a week updates on The Bird Room, for the rest of my life.
- a 'writing blog' style blog (short posts about my 'process', my desk, etc., usually ending with a question like 'what kind of pencil do you guys use?' in order to promote discussion.)
- a giant, once-a-week link list, mostly to things i have seen anyway that week on the internet, but occasionally including something i have searched for on google just before compiling the list -- like a funny video of a cat eating a golfball or a serious Guardian-books style post on 'did the novel end with Updike?' or a link to a photo blog of someone who has shelved 600 kindles in a real bookcase or whatever -- in order to make it seem more literary/wacky/[something].
- something else.
what kind of pencil do you guys use?
please vote in the comments.